As clients are increasingly asking for fixed fees and driving these fees down, lawyers need to find more efficient ways of delivering legal services to ensure protecting their margins.
How can you do this?
I have recorded a webinar (available through MBL Seminars) in which I review the factors that affect the profitability of legal work. I explore:
- What determines how much you can charge
- What the costs are for delivering the service
- The principles of effective matter management
- What gets in the way of some lawyers being effective at matter management and what can be done about this
What You Will Learn
This webinar covers the following:
- Matter Profitability – the Drivers and Influencers
- The factors that affect the profitability of legal work
- What determines how much you can charge and what the costs are for delivering the service?
- The elements that you have control over
- The Principles of Effective Matter Management
- The benefits of good matter management
- A Matter Management Checklist
- Whose job is it to manage the matter?
- What about when nobody has clear responsibility for tasks?
- What are the three areas that matter managers need to focus on?
- The key issues that matter managers need to keep an eye on
For signing up, see http://www.mblseminars.com/outline.aspx?progid=4461&Key=
For further useful blog articles on this subject, see